ANCESTRIAL TEYUNA PATH
Let´s MUV 2 Explore COLOMBIA
“Authentic and High-Quality Memorable Experiences in COLOMBIA”
Vacation, Adventure, Wellness and Nature Tourism!
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION!
Welcome, Discover COLOMBIA, a South American destination that you cannot be miss. Live a complete ANCESTRAL EXPERIENCE that will awaken your senses, Your MOMENTS will be so unique and MEMORABLE that you will feel just like a “COSTEÑO”.
Our adventure begins and we invite you to the EXOTIC CARIBBEAN, you will begin with our WORLD HERITAGE destination, “CARTAGENA de INDIAS” and its colonial treasures with the help of a charismatic and fun Guide. We will take you through a great view of the Walled City so you can appreciate the preserved architecture of its fortifications, you will take a carriage around its narrow cobblestone roads and take pictures of traditional balconies, besides that We will take you snorkeling on the coral reefs and you will be able to paddle in a canoe around the mangrove swamps of THE ROSARIO ISLANDS, then you will be immersed in the culture of the historical heritage of the oldest city in South America “Santa Marta ” where The Caribbean Sea and snow meet, during your stay you can walk along the TEYUNA ROAD, a sacred road leading to the Lost city in the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta, after sleeping in Ecohabs Tayrona you will be able to live enigmatic experiences and Archaeological in an old KOGUI Cavalcade.
Finally, enjoy the biodiversity of Providence, with the exuberant colors of its underwater life, its exotic coral formations that contrast the green of the mountains with its turquoise waters, “The seven-colored sea” in the archipelago of the islands Providence and St. Catherine.
In MUVON TRAVEL we support indigenous communities protecting the Natural Reserve`s, who are fighting for the preservation of this destination and its natural jungle landscapes and traditions, to engage in responsible and sustainable tourism. We have plenty of places that you can visit to enjoy Lovely COLOMBIAN CARIBE.
All of this and more is waiting for you!
Do not miss what could be the experience of a lifetime.
DAY 1. CITY OF ORIGIN: CARTAGENA DE INDIAS-Welcome to the city of beautiful colonial architecture and our World Heritage site!
The passenger arrives by his own means to the international Airport Rafael Nuñez in Cartagena de Indias.
- Welcome, for the Certified Bilingual Guide of our company, who will take it to the Chek-in at the hotel.
- Once there you will have some time to rest and get used to the place.
- In the evening, if the itinerary allows, we will dine in the restaurant where SOCORRO (Colombian Sea food) or at the JUAN del MAR Restaurant we will welcome you and discuss the Eco/Ethno experience that awaits us.
DAY 2. CARTAGENA-ROSARIO AND SAN BERNARDO REEFS (Archipelago/biodiversity)
STAGE: Rosario Island
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. at the hotel in Cartagena.
- We will take a boat to the hotel Resort, travel time: (60 minutes Approx.), the hotel is located in Isla Grande, an island within the archipelago of the islands of Rosario.
- The ship sails from the pier of the BODEGUITA.
- Check-out time: The passenger must be on the pier to register at 8:00am. The boat sails between 8:45 AM and 9:00am.
- You will spend the whole day there; you will discover the spectacular marine life and beautiful scenery surrounding the Resort.
- Practice snorkeling to find a magical underwater world.
- Canoe rowing experience with a tour of the mangrove (fringe that Bordering the islands).
- Ecological guide.
- It is an excellent place to swim and meditate.
- Then you will have a buffet lunch.
- In the afternoon, you will have a relaxing spa experience. You will receive a relaxing massage surrounded by tropical vegetation and the sounds of the ocean.
- Dinner Buffet
- Night experience: light plankton and environmental conservation talks.
- Lodging in the Hotel.
DAY 3. CORAL REEFS OF ROSARIO AND SAN BERNARDO (Archipelago/biodiversity)
STAGE: Coral Reefs of Rosario
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. at the Resort.
- Visit the Aquarium experience a guided tour along natural pools with a wide variety of underwater species (groupers, stingrays, turtles, etc. Dolphin and shark shows); Marine Tunnel.
- After a traditional lunch, in the afternoon, we will return to Cartagena.
- Sailing from the Hotel Pier at 3:00 pm.
- Arriving at the pier of the Bodeguita between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm, depending on the boat and sea conditions. Check-in at the Hotel.
- When visiting Cartagena, you should experience the romantic tour around the colonial streets while riding a horse cart, also known as Victoria, Chariot or calender.
- You can also ask a solo musician to play during the trip if you wish (the musician has an additional cost is optional). *
- Transportation Experience around the walled city, at 6 p.m. Here, we will take a tour of the most popular tourist, architectural, cultural, patrimonial, gastronomic, historical and entertaining places of the walled city.
- A carriage ride through the streets of Cartagena is a ‘ declaration of love ‘, is entering the fantastic universe of history, is being seduced by the breeze of the Caribbean Sea and above all, is living an unforgettable experience.
- Dinner and lodging.
DAY 4. CARTAGENA – SAN ANDRES and PROVIDENCIA ISLANDS (High lights Caribe)
STAGE: San Andres – Providencia
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. in the Hotel.
- Departure at 8 a.m. we will mount an eco-bike around the walled city and Gethsemane; this is definitely one of the activities you cannot miss if you are in Cartagena.
- Join our group of cyclists to discover the colorful colonial streets and Houses of the historic center of Cartagena. In the most ecological and fun way possible.
- It is a 2 hour walk in which we will tour the main attractions of the old City, including squares of the city, parks, monuments, churches and the district of Gethsemane; If you haven’t been there before, you’ll probably want to come back every day, it’s one of our favorite places in town.
- Do not worry, however, in the middle of everything there is a refreshing stop, so you can be hydrated and re-pedal.
!Remember, the world is happier and better on a bike!
- From Cartagena, we will take a direct flight around 1:28pm to the San Andrés Islands, arriving at Gustavo Rojas Pinilla Airport.
- Later, around 4:00 PM we will take a short local flight from ADZ to PVA
- Check-in at the Hotel in Providencia, night experience and dinner.
DAY 5. ANTIGUA PROVIDENCIA-MC BEAN LAGOON (the seven-colored sea)
- The day begins and breakfast early.
- Boat Tour around the island of Providence that leaves at 8:00am from the Hotel pier.
- Includes: (5 Hrs Approx.)
- Morgan’s head and fort.
- The Lovers ‘ Bridge.
- The Mc Bean Lagoon Natural National Park (Crab Cay)
- The Manzanillo or Southwest beach.
- (Our experience of sighting of flora and fauna of land and sea).
The MC Bean Lagoon, located in Colombia’s Insular Caribbean Sea, protects part of the world’s third longest barrier reef, this large coral reef with its diverse formations and the reef barrier that forms in front of Mc Bean’s mangrove swamp gives the ocean a magical Colorful brightness that goes from aquamarine to translucent green, that’s where its “Seven-Color Sea” charm comes from.
- You will see reptiles such as iguanas, lizards, lizards, blue lizards, resident and migratory birds.
- The marine Fauna is also very diverse and you will have the opportunity to practice snorkeling on the reefs.
- The places where these activities are carried out are Crab Cay, Shoal Blanco, mangroves of McBean,
- Iron-Wood Hill.
- We will return at 13:00 to the cabins 2:30 PM lunch in the cabins and we will prepare to enjoy in the afternoon of a tour of the island by motorbike or mule.
- Dinner and lodging.
DAY 6: PROVIDENCIA (Trekking in the PEEK)
STAGE: El Peek
- Early Islander Breakfast around 7:00 AM.
- We will prepare to hike the trekking in Peek: The highest mountain in Providence (360 meters).
- Approximate duration: 3 to 4 hours.
- It is recommended to go with a guide.
- Transfer from cabins to the airport of witchcraft PVA.
- Domestic flight at 12:20 pm PVA/ADZ.
- Flight at 2:18pm ADZ CTG
- Check-in Hotel, dinner in Cartagena and logging.
DAY 7: CARTAGENA – SANTA MARTA (bus Transfer)
STAGE: Cartagena – Santa Marta
- Early breakfast at the Hotel.
- In the morning, we will go on a relaxed tour of the most emblematic places of modern Cartagena.
- Traditional light Lunch.
- We will take a tourist bus from Cartagena to Santa Marta, Trip 12 mid-day (4.5 hrs approx.)
- We will arrive to the city of Santa Marta around the 5:30 p.m.
- Check in the Hotel, Dinner.
- Once there, you cannot miss the story enclosed in America’s most beautiful bay.
- At night, we will take a cultural guided tour through Santa Marta, ‘ Rodadero, the fifth Cathedral of San Pedro de Alejandrino ‘, ‘ Golden Museum ‘, the Valderrama monument, the Tayrona deity Monument, the Lovers ‘ Park, the panorama of the City of Fish Taganga and return to the Hotel.
DAY 8: SANTA MARTA ¨ Sierra Nevada ¨-Camino Teyuna-Discover the Lost City: (Ethnic/Ancient/Sacred)
STAGE: Sierra Nevada (Descubriendo el Camino Teyuna para llegar a Ciudad Perdida)
- This is a 4-day trekking.
- The ascent will reveal incredible scenery and new thermal flats.
- Enjoy the charm of the oldest city in South America.
- Experience the indigenous culture of this magical sacred place and climb to the lost city, which retains much of its cultural and archaeological richness.
Follow the Teyuna Trail (lost City), our archeological and natural sanctuary!
This is the dream place of nature and lovers of tranquility.
SANTA MARTA – ‘EL MAMEY’ – CAMP 1
- Leaving at 8 a.m. after the breakfast of the hotel.
- Everything starts around 9:30 a.m. at the meeting point.
- We will take a 4×4 van and ride for (2 ½ hours) to the region.
- We will have lunch so that we can start looking for the sacred place of the Tayrona (the Tayronas are the ancient inhabitants of the lost city).
- At the end of the day, we will arrive at Camp 1.
- In the surrounding area, we will find rivers, natural pools and relaxing waterfalls, then dine and have hammocks prepared to rest and spend the night.
DAY 9: CAMP 1 – CAMP 3
- The day begins and we go to breakfast early,
- So then we can start walking along the valley of the River Buritaca, once there, we find many houses that make up a small village Kogui called Mutanshi.
- Our journey through the day will take about (7 hours), passing through the jungle of Sierra Nevada to face its natural diversity.
- Finally arriving at Camp 3, where we eat, rest and spend the night.
DAY 10: CAMP 3 – LOST CITY – CAMP 2
- We will have breakfast very early in the morning.
- Departure at 7 a.m. to begin the ascent along some sectors of the Kogui-Arsario indigenous reserve and Sierra Nevada Natural Park of Santa Marta, we will begin by climbing 1.200 steps, a road built by The Tayronas themselves.
- Passing through several indigenous houses and in some places, we will even see some road tracks left by the previous inhabitants of the region.
- We will also cross the Buritaca River to finally reach the * Lost City * (considered a sacred place by the current inhabitants of the region).
- In our way, we can stop and swim in the river, in some chosen places. From here, the walk lasts 6 hours.
- Once there, the guide will show us and inform us about this magical place full of ancestral relics and stories.
- Spend our morning enjoying the scenery, resting and taking pictures.
- Finally have lunch.
- We will make our way back by the same way to get T or Camp 2 where we will have dinner and spend the night.
DAY 11: CAMP 2 – ‘El MAMEY’
- The last day of our Teyuna adventure begins.
- With breakfast so we can continue, our way back to the rhythm that began.
- On the road, we will find rivers and waterfalls where we can refresh.
- Until finally we get to where Lunch and a vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Santa Marta.
- Check-in at Ecohabs Tayrona where we arrive around 5:00 p.m.
- Having fully enjoyed a new and enriching experience in the magical Sierra Nevada. Dinner and lodging.
DAY 12. SANTA MARTA-TAYRONA (Cavalcade Kogui Ancestral)
Tayrona Parks is known for its terrestrial and marine biodiversity. During the hike, enjoy the beautiful green trails that the park has to offer, which will take us to their paradisiacal beaches to reach the Cabo San Juan of the guide, where we relax in its clear and serene waters.
The Tayrona is highly valued for its biology and archaeology. Its magnificent beaches and wild landscapes encourage all visitors to enjoy the tranquility of nature and ecotourism of this paradisiacal place.
- Early breakfast, leaving the Hotel Ecohabs Tayrona at 8:30 a.m.
- Taking a short trip to the main entrance of Tayrona Park.
- Then to “Canaveral” where we will find the ticket offices to access the park.
- On the first floor, we will walk for about 1.5 hours (option on horseback) passing by the beautiful beaches of reefs, sand and the swimming pool to arrive at the Cabo San Juan of the Guide, a spectacular beach with an imposing rocky landscape where we can take a refreshing Bathroom.
- You will have some free time to enjoy this wonderful place.
- After being on the beach for a while, we will meet to take the same way back for 1.5 hours (option on horseback).
- (Estimated time: (1h) (per ride on the Mule track), until you get to Canaveral again where a vehicle will be waiting to take us from Vuelta to Ecohabs and Wil arrive around 6:00 p.m.
- Dinner and lodging at Hotel Ecohabs Tayrona to rest.
DAY 13: SANTA MARTA-CARTAGENA (back by bus)
STAGE: Santa Marta – Cartagena
- Breakfast at 7:00.
- Early in the morning, we take off to Cartagena.
- We will transfer on a special tour bus.
- Lunch on the road.
- Check-in Hotel, dinner and lodging.
DAY 14: CARTAGENA – ORIGIN (return)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Transfer from the hotel, we will take the transport specialized in tourism to the International Airport to board the flight back.
- There is the option to know more about the prices available for other circuits or destinations with Muvon Travel*.
End of the Program*