Let´s MUV 2 Explore COLOMBIA
“Authentic and High-Quality Memorable Experiences in COLOMBIA”
Vacation, Adventure, Wellness and Nature Tourism!
OUR VALUE PROPOSITION!
Welcome, Discover Colombia, a South American destination that cannot be missed. Live a complete EPIC EXPERIENCE that will awaken your senses. Your MOMENTS will be so unique and MEMORABLE that you will feel just like a true ‘ PAISA‘.
Our adventure begins in MEDELLIN, THE ETERNAL SPRING CAPITAL, accompanied by a fun and charismatic tour guide. We will show you a magnificent view of a city that was once the epicenter of violence and now is a place for positive transformation and innovation. Then we will be submerged in the Colombian Coffee Culture staying in a traditional Armenia farm. Finally, enjoy the Pacific Coast Biodiversity, the exuberant Chocoan jungle, and it is virgin beaches.
In MUVON TRAVEL, we support communities protecting the Coffee Cultural Landscape (CCL), who are fighting for the preservation of this destination and its natural landscapes and traditions, to engage in responsible and sustainable tourism. We have plenty of places that you can visit to enjoy Lovely Cultural Landscape Coffee.
All of this and more is waiting for you!
Do not miss what could be the experience of a lifetime.
DAY 01. CITY OF ORIGIN- MEDELLIN Welcome to the World’s most innovative city! (City of the year and the coolest)
The passenger arrives by his own means to the Jose Maria Córdoba International Airport in Rio Negro, Antioquia, where one of our company will receive him’s certified bilingual guides, who will take him to the Hotel.
- Check -In. Once there he will have some free time to rest and get used to the place.
- At night, if the itinerary allows, we will have dinner at an international restaurant to welcome him and talk about the eco adventure awaiting us.
DAY 02. MEDELLIN – URBAN TOUR
STAGES: Medellin Urban Tour
- American breakfast at 7 a.m.
- Urban Tour starts at 9:00 a.m. or in the afternoon at 2:00 p.m.
- We will meet in the lobby 30 minutes before.
- Tour Guide will accompany you.
- Turibus, you will see some of Medellin’s most representative places.
- It includes exotic fruit tasting and lunch or dinner depending on the time, you choose to do the tour. Here, we will tour around places of most touristic, architectonic, cultural, patrimonial, gastronomic, and historical and entertainment interest of the city, such as museums, parks, libraries, theme parks, universities, hills, shopping malls, squares and avenues. Dinner and lodging.
DAY 03. GUATAPE-SANTA ELENA (The Peñol stone)
- American breakfast at 7:00 a.m. at the Hotel.
- Departure at 8:00 a.m. to Guatapé and spending the whole day there,
- Guided Tour of the plazoleta of zócalos (Tiles Square) and its gorgeous colorful houses, tasting some of the region’s traditional desserts, we we´ll taking a boat ride along the dam or climbing the giant 220 meter-high stone which takes more than 700 steps to climb, and take a look at the exuberant dam.
- We will tour the main park of the Peñol, visit the old Peñol’s semi replica, visit Guatapé’s crag (La Piedra).
- We will take a tour around Guatape’s main park, Strolling through its traditional streets and appreciating its beautiful and surrounding tiles.
- At noon, we will enjoy a traditional antioqueño lunch.
- At the end on the day, around 4:00 p.m. we will go to the town of Santa Elena, where we will stay in the EcoHotel, check-in, Dinner and lodging.
DAY 04. Santa Elena (Magic/Biodiversity/Natural)
STAGES: Santa Elena
Enjoy the charm of this magnificent Hotel in the midst of a natural reserve 25 minutes away from Medellin, surrounded by mountains and Green landscapes, overflowing with nature. That is SANTA ELENA, an ecological area, a natural reserve, paradise for locals and foreigners, the town is 700 meters away from the park that holds the Silletero monument and 200 meters away from the main road, we will stay at the TERRABELA ECO HOTEL an ideal place to get some rest.
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. at the EcoHotel,
- Departure at 9 a.m. to Arvi Park.
- ECO-touristic tour, which you can enjoy in the style of a Colombian farmer, it is the dreamed place for nature lovers.
ARVI is an eco-touristic park located between Piedras Blancas, Mazo, Piedra Gorda and Barro Blanco. It’s a foggy forest, home to mosses, flowers, birds, butterflies, frogs and many more species that help conserve the forest and its waters which go down to the Aburra Valley and San Nicolás.
- Santa Elena’s Main Park (Famer markets will be available some days*)
- Santa Elena’s church.
- ARVI (Famer markets will be available some days*)
- Trekking (Ancestral paths)
- Tour around a ‘Silletera’ farm (live the silletero experience)
- Bird watching*(during the tour we can see some species such as the TROGON, AMAZONIAN MOTMOT and EMERALD TUCANET).
- Go along the ANCESTRIAL PATHS.
- Traditional lunch on picnic areas.
- Support the region by buying artisan’s products such as objects, food, wine, sweets and do not forget to visit the traditional SILLETERA FARM.
Some ancestral paths: Trekking Arvi Park
- Orchids, Bromeliads and Anthuriums.
In the afternoon, around 4 p.m. we will go to the municipality of Jardin, Antioquia. We will stay at the Hotel Traditional Farm), Dinner and Lodging.
DAY 05. JARDIN (ECO/ETNO Tourism)
Jardin belongs to Antioquia and there is located to the Aves Loro Orejiamarillo Natural Reserve; it is also home to among others, the Andean ¨ Cock-Of-The-Rock ¨. Oilbirds and Baudó oropéndola or ‘Backpacker’, a yellow bird that builds nests that hang form the highest branches, the nests look like little pouches and the bird’s cry sounds like a drop falling into a well. ! Amazing!
- Light breakfast at 5 a.m. in the Hotel.
- Around 5:30 a.m. We will go to take a walk around the path and do some Birdwatching, we will return to the Hotel, and we will give a little break.
- Departure at 9 a.m. we will go on a tour around the town that includes visiting the Inmaculada Concepción Basilica (Majesty), Libertador Park’s church (Architecture), aerial cable (round trip included), Herrera path (you can buy traditional sweets from the region in LA CASA DE LOS DULCES).
- 1pm Lunch at Truchera y Molienda (see panela process).
- 3pm visit an indigenous reserve + ancestral experience + souvenir *Prior authorization from the Indigenous Governor of the Community *
- Hotel traditional farm, Dinner and lodging.
DAY 06. Santa Rosa de Cabal (Risaralda) – San Vicente Thermal Reserve (Health and wellness)
STAGES: Santa Rosa De Cabal
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Departure at 9 a.m. towards Santa Rosa de Cabal.
- Lunch in a restaurant on the road.
- Arriving and tasting the typical Santa Rosan Chorizo.
- Then, we will go to the San Vicente Thermals to enjoy relaxing baths and a pleasant evening close to nature.
- Dinner and Accommodation close to the reserve in EL PLALCER TYPICAL FARM in Santa Rosa de Cabal.
DAY 7. Armenia- la Marsellesa Farm (Oasis of Peace Hotel)
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- COFFEE TOUR EXPERIENCE – AGRO ECOLOGY 07:00 a.m. at EL PLACER FARM.
- We will get ready for our trip to Armenia at 10 a.m.
- We will arrive to La Marsellesa – Oasis de Paz Farm located on the Armenian road – La Tebaida – Murillo.
- Rest of the morning free.
- Lunch at 1pm.
- Then 3 p.m. type there will be a tour around Patrimonial Quindío Towns, and we will visit Salento and or Filandia. Dinner and lodging.
DAY 8. PCC Cafetero- Medellin (Return to the Coffee Highway)
STAGES: PCC Paisaje Cultural Cafetero
- Traditional breakfast at 7 a.m. in the Hotel.
- Transfer from Quindío to Antioquia,
- Lunch on the roadside.
- Arriving to Medellin by land in the afternoon.
- City Tour nocturne.
- Dinner and Accommodation.
DAY 9: Nuqui (Biodiversity/ Sighting/ Exotic)
Colors, jungle, biodiversity, gastronomy, clean air, exotic fruits, flora, fauna, and joyful people. The Chocó lies along the Pacific Ocean, at the north west of Colombia and its main attractions are Playa Huina, Nabugá, El Valle, La Playa del Almejal, Nuquí and Utría Natural National Park, among others. Here you will discover the wealth and exuberance of the chocoan jungle and the mysteries of the Pacific Ocean. Humpback Whales love these waters, and every year they visit them to mate and give birth to their offspring, tortoises leave their footprint on the beaches right after they are born and dolphins migrate along this biological corridor and in the jungle, a great variety of species look for shelter.
- Enjoy refreshing waterfalls.
- Trekking around the jungle accompanied by former hunters.
- Whale watching, birds, frogs, orchids, bromeliad.
- Walking along the Tundó River.
- Visiting the Utría National Park, and many more.
! It is without doubt a unique way to submerse in a shelter full of life, silence and tranquility!
- Breakfast at 7:00 am,
- Departure at the Hotel at 7:30 a.m.
- Transfer to the Olaya Herrera Airport.
- Domestic flight at 8 a.m. (45 minutes approx.) We will arrive to the Nuquí Chocó Airport,
- It is recommended to buy all supplies not included on the plan in the head of the Municipality.
- Afterwards the hotel’s boat will set sail from Nuqui to the Guachalito beach.
- You will receive a welcome cocktail, some general information and will have the morning all to yourself.
- Traditional Chocoan lunch.
Its geography allows seeing the seasonal arrival and stay of Humpback Whales, migratory birds, tortoises and a wonderful bouquet of unique biodiversity only present in the Colombian Pacific littoral.
- Departure at 2.pm after lunch.
- We will Hike to the Thermals, where you can relax in the afternoon and leave renewed in the midst of a jungle landscape.
- Path (beach/path) to the thermal baths.
- 30-minute walk south of Guachalito Beach, near Nuquí.
- Traditional CHOCOAN Dinner.
- We will share a time with the community, hearing their stories along with a fire on the beach, and try a traditional drink.
- Then we will go for a walk in the evening, accompanied by our local guide and contemplate the moon, the stars and some nocturnal birds.
- Lodging in a cabin in front of the sea.
Choco-adventure Experiences: Hiking, health and wellness, gastronomy, flora and fauna (BIRDS, WHALES, FROGS, TURTLES, BUTTERFLIES, ORCHIDS, BROMELIADS, FLOWERS).
DAY 10: Nuquí- NNP Utría
STAGES: PNN Utría
- Flora and Fauna Sighting depending on the season, and the kind of luck you have, you will be able to appreciate the exuberant nature of the Colombian Pacific.
- We will take a walk through the mangrove swamps by kayaking through the Bay of Utría.
- Here you will live a community tourism experience.
- Appreciate the biodiversity, cuisine, and the hydric richness of the Colombian Pacific Coast.
The Utría Natural National Park is an ancestral territory of afro descending cultures that depend on goods and services provided by the area.
Visiting Utría is necessary if you want to unplug and live an experience in a completely natural environment.
After a long journey from the Antarctic, whales come to the warm Colombian waters between July and October to give birth to a new generation. ! Come and witness this miracle of nature!
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. at the Utría NNP Hotel.
- Hiking, interpretive experience of flora and fauna around the park trails with a native tour guide.
- Lunch and afternoon relaxing at the Hotel, kayaking, mangrove trails, sharing with the community.
- Dinner, free night around the park, lodging.
DAY 11: Utría NNP – Nuquí – Medellin
- Early breakfast at the Utría NNP.
- Departure at 7:00 a.m. of Utría to Nuqui (Airport).
- Domestic flight to Medellin.
- Transfer from Enrique Olaya Herrera Airport to the Hotel, to take a shower, pack and go back home.
End of the Program*