Jericó, a Heritage Town
Jericó – Heritage Town & Coffee Experience
Duration: FULL DAY
The essence of Jericó is summarized in nature, heritage, history, culture, civility, and authentic Paisas traditions. Its glorious past, strength, religiosity, architectural heritage, cultural development, museums, weather, coffee landscape, fog forest for hiking and bird watching, natural balconies for the practice of paragliding, hills, mountains, waterfalls and warmth of its inhabitants; turn Jericó into the “Athenas of the SouthWest”, cradle of the only saint in the country, Santa Laura Montoya Upegui.
PRIVATE TOUR ACTIVITIES
• Our guide will meet you at 6.00am in the lobby of the hotel to initiate our tour in private tourist buses/aerovans/cars.
• Panoramic tour to Jericó. Typical breakfast on the road, at mayoría del San Juan restaurant.
• At arrival to Jericó, we will live the Experience of the World of the Coffee at this farm distinguished with the Rainforest Alliance, Fairtrade International, UTZ Certified Good Inside and the Starbucks Coffee Practice (2 h 30 experience)
• Lunch in one of the restaurants of Jericó ́s main square.
• At 2 P.M. we will start the LA ATENAS DEL SUROESTE tour, a wonderful and magical journey in the company of an ambassador knowing the jericoan culture, touring the historic center of the municipality and the streets that testify to its past and history. In this circuit we will know parks, museums, temples and other places of interest.
• In Calle del Comercio enjoy a wide variety of products made of leather, including the traditional guarniel, better known as carriel and delight with the gastronomic offer accompanied by a delicious artisanal coffee.
• At 5pm transfer back to the hotel in Medellín.