JEWELS OF COLOMBIA
Let´s MUV 2 Explore COLOMBIA
“Authentic and High-Quality Memorable Experiences in COLOMBIA”
! Vacation, Adventure, Wellness and Nature Tourism!
! OUR VALUE PROPOSITION!
Welcome, discover Colombia, a South American destination that cannot be missed. Live a complete EXPERIENCE that will awaken your senses. We will start in BOGOTA, the DISTRICT CAPITAL, accompanied by a fun and charismatic tour guide. Your MOMENTS will be so unique and MEMORABLE that you will feel just like a true ‘ROLO’.
Our adventure begins by flying to LETICIA to arrive at its pier in the Amazon River and travel upriver to reach the MARASHA Nature Reserve in Peru, from where we will see the spectacular panoramic view of the 3 borders: COLOMBIA, PERU, and BRAZIL. We will do bird watching and canoe riding on the Marasha Lake. We will paddle in canoes in the night to observe the natural fauna, among them, alligators. We will visit the Ticuna and Mocawa communities to walk around their houses and crops. We will hike through Maikuchiga to finally get to ‘ the House of the Monkeys ‘. When enjoying the jungle landscapes, we will identify species used in ethnobotany.
We will visit the COMMUNITY OF SAN MARTÍN DE AMACAYACU, and can take pictures in the CALANOA RESERVE. We will walk in the night through the continental jungle, on the Moon Trail, looking for the luminescent mushrooms in the dark. We will continue hiking to find the VICTORIA REGIA, THE WORLD’S LARGEST LOTUS FLOWER. We will visit the NATUTAMA FOUNDATION and walk through a medicinal path to recognize the ‘ Chagra ‘, a unit of medicinal fruit and plant cultivation.
Attending to workshops on vegetable fabrics and natural inks and artisan galleries will be other of our unique experiences as well as dancing with the grandparents with songs in their mother tongue. We will enjoy the scenic tour along the Loretoyacú River and the Tarapoto Lakes, where we will see the gray and pink dolphins. We will finalize this experience by touring LETICIA´s places of interest as well as enjoying a City Tour by taxi in Tabatinga, Brazil.
We will fly to “CARTAGENA DE INDIAS”, Historical Heritage of Humanity, to discover its colonial treasures traveling through the narrow streets of LA CIUDAD AMURALLADA (the Walled City), appreciate the architecture of its fortifications, fall in love with its balconies and enjoy its gastronomy and delicacies on the squares and atriums of their churches. We will go snorkeling to the CORAL REEFS and paddling in a CANOE around the ROSARIO ISLANDS’ MANGROVES,
Then, we will be submerged in the Historical Heritage Culture of South America’s most ancient city, “SANTA MARTA”, where the Caribbean sea and the snow meet. We will walk along the TEYUNA PATH, a sacred trail that leads to the LOST CITY in the SIERRA NEVADA DE SANTA MARTA. We will live enigmatic and archeological experiences after sleeping in ECOHABS TAYRONA complemented by the KOGUI CAVALCADE to descend to the TAYRONA NATURAL PARK.
We will fly to Medellin, we will make a city tour and we will be witness of the transformation of the most innovative and cool city in South America. We will head to Guatapé and La Piedra del Peñol, walk around the zócalos and colorful houses of the town. then we will visit Santa Elena to live a true Silleteros experience in a typical flower growing peasant farm. From there we will head to Jardin to share with the indigenous community of the region and to observe the rooster of Rock. Finally, we return home after this super adventure!
In MUVON TRAVEL, we support Communities protecting the areas naturals of Country, who are fighting for the preservation of these destinations, its natural jungle landscapes, and traditions, to engage in responsible and sustainable tourism. We have plenty of places that you can visit to enjoy the JEWELS OF COLOMBIA.
All of this and more is waiting for you!
Do not miss what could be the experience of a lifetime.
DAY 1: ORIGIN – BOGOTÁ (Welcome dinner)
STAGES: Bogotá D.C
- Greeting at El Dorado International Airport.
- Check-in at the Hotel
- Welcome dinner.
DAY 2: BOGOTÁ – CITY TOUR
STAGES: Bogotá D.C
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- City Tour in private transportation
- Includes guide
- Lunch time
- We will visit the main tourist attractions of Bogota
- We will have fun knowing about the Capital City culture.
- Lodging in a boutique hotel.
DAY 3: BOGOTÁ – LETICIA – PUERTO NARIÑO
STAGES: Leticia – Puerto Nariño
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Private transportation from El Dorado Airport to take a domestic flight to Alfredo Vasquez Airport, Leticia city.
- Reception and transfer to the dock of the Amazon River.
- Lunch on the road.
- We will travel upstream along the Amazon River in artisanal tourism boats to Marasha natural reserve (Peru).
- At the imaginary point of the three borders, we will have a spectacular panoramic view of Brazil, Peru and Colombia border cities.
- When traveling through the imposing river, we will appreciate the amazon jungle and indigenous and settlers towns such as Rondiña and Santa Rosa, Peru.
- After living the exciting experience of sailing through the great Amazon River (40 min approx.),
- We will arrive in the Marasha Natural Reserve’s dock.
- Walkthrough natural trails of jungle landscapes bound for Marasha Natural Reserve (Peru).
- During our walk, we will recognize flora and fauna species in ‘Varzea’ landscapes (flooded jungle made off islands and river shores) (Walking time: 2:30 minutes).
- Recognition of the area.
- Accommodation (A room with a private bathroom, without a fan or air conditioner. Permanent hydration: water, juice, coffee, and tea).
- Dinner (Chaufa rice, fried fish belly, fried plantains, salad, natural juice). (Vegetarian or vegan option: pasta and vegetables).
- Accommodation at the Hotel.
- Optional: entering by ‘Peque Peque’ boats, over water trails bound for Marasha Natural Reserve (sailing time: 20 minutes). (In the months of high waters, from March to June, entrance to the reserve is only possible via canoes or slow motorboats).
DAY 4: BIRDWATCHING – MARASHA LAKE
STAGES: Marasha Lake Natural Reserve
- Breakfast at 8am (scrambled eggs, fruits: pineapple and papaya, cheese, bread, hot chocolate, coffee with milk, jam, and butter).
- Hike on the Varzea jungle, walk along natural trails with little human intervention to observe flora and fauna, during the walk, we can visit the imposing 400-year old ‘grandpa’ Ceiba tree (2 hours approximately).
- Buffet lunch: (fish broth, fried fish belly, salted loin ‘meat’, baked chicken, rice, fried plantains, salad, fruit juice).
- Resting areas: hammocks.
- Canoe or kayak ride along the Marasha Lake.
- Spot exotic birds such as the hoatzin around the area.
- Nocturnal ride on canoes to observe night fauna. Alligator observation.
- Accommodation at the hotel.
- Optional: wake up at 5:30 a.m. To do some bird watching, ride canoes on Marasha Lake or take a walk along the Marasha Lake’s shores.
DAY 5: SAN MARTÍN DE AMACAYACU COMMUNITY – CALANOA RESERVE
STAGES: Community San Martin de Amacayacu – Calanoa Reserve
- Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.
- Leaving on a tourism boat bound for San Martin de Amacayacu community (indigenous reservation, protected zone, Amacayacu natural national park).
- Setting sail upstream along the Amazon River, taking the Amacayacu River, Amacayacu natural national park borders. (sailing time: 30 minutes).
- We will visit the San Martín de Amacayacu community, identify the area, and talk with the inhabitants.
- We will walk through the jungle protected by the Amacayacu natural national park, (San Martin de Amacayacu trail – Mocagua community
- (Visit to the house of the monkeys, rehabilitation center for wildlife, rescue and release in their habitat)
- The journey through the jungle takes 4 hours.
- In company of Ticuna natives, we will see natural mainland jungle landscapes, identifying species used in ethno botany.
- Arrival at the control and surveillance station.
- We will ride on boat to Calanoa reserve.
- Lunch at Calanoa reserve.
- An afternoon to rest and take pictures of the reserve.
- Nocturnal walk along the mainland jungle, night fauna observation and the moon trail (glow-in-the-dark mushrooms), 2-hour long journey.
DAY 6: BOGOTÀ – CARTAGENA
STAGES: Cartagena – Rosario Island
- Breakfast at 07:30 a.m. at the hotel.
- Transfer from the Calanoa Reserve Hotel to Leticia and after go to the airport, at the agreed time to board the flight back to Bogotá D.C.
- Then the same day, we will take a short flight to the city of Cartagena.
- Lodging in Hotel.
DAY 7: CARTAGENA – Rosario and San Bernardo Reefs (Archipelago/Biodiversity)
STAGES: Islas Del Rosario
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. In the hotel in Cartagena
- We will take a speedboat, which can hold from 20 to 50 people, to the beach resort hotel, travel time: 60 minutes approximately, the hotel is located in Isla Grande, an island within the Rosario islands archipelago. The boat sets sail from la bodeguita dock.
- Departure time: the passenger must be at the dock for registering at 8:00am. The boat sets sail between 8:45 am and 9:00am.
- You will spend the whole day there, you’ll discover the spectacular marine life and gorgeous landscapes surrounding the resort, and you can practice snorkeling to encounter a magical submarine world, experience canoe rowing with a tour along the mangrove fringe that borders the islands, you will be able to do this accompanied by an ecological guide.
- It is an excellent spot to swim and meditate.
- Then, you will have a buffet lunch.
- In the afternoon, you will have a relaxing spa experience. You will receive a relaxing massage surrounded by tropical vegetation and the sounds of the ocean.
- Buffet dinner
- Nocturnal experience: at night luminous plankton and environmental conservation talk.
- Lodging beach resort.
DAY 8: CARTAGENA- SANTA MARTA
STAGES: Santa Marta
- Breakfast at 07:30 a.m. At the hotel.
- Transfer to Cartagena airport
- We will take a short domestic flight to Santa Marta, one of the oldest cities in Colombia.
- Experience tour ‘Rodadero’, ‘Catedral mayor’, ‘la Quinta de San Pedro de Alejandrino’, ‘Museum de Oro’, Pibe Valderrama’s Monument, Tayrona Deity’s Monument, Lovers Park, Taganga Fish Men Town’s panorama.
- Return to the eco-habs.
DAY 9: SANTA MARTA – TAYRONA (Ancestral Kogui Cavalcade)
The Tayrona Park is known for its terrestrial and marine biodiversity. During the hike, we will enjoy the beautiful green trails that the park has to offer, which will take us to its paradisiac beaches until we get to cape San Juan Del Guía, where we will relax in its clear, serene waters. The Tayrona is highly valued for its biology and archeology. Its gorgeous beaches and wild landscapes encourage all visitors to enjoy the tranquility of nature and the ecotourism of this paradisiac place.
- Early breakfast
- Leaving the Ecohabs Tayrona hotel at 8:30 a.m.
- Taking a few kilometers-long ride to the Tayrona park’s main entrance and then to “Cañaveral” where we will find the ticket offices for accessing the park.
- On the first floor, we will walk for around 1.5 hours (horseback option) going past the beautiful Arrecifes, Arenilla and the Piscina beaches to get to cape San Juan Del Guía, a spectacular beach with an imposing rocky landscape where we can take a refreshing bath.
- You will have some free time to enjoy this wonderful place.
- After being on the beach for a while, we will meet to take the same road back for 1.5 hours more (horseback option) (estimated time: 1hr per journey on the mule track), until we arrive in Cañaveral again where a vehicle will be waiting to take us back to Ecohabs and that will arrive around 6:00 p.m.
- Accommodation in the Ecohabs Tayrona hotel to get some rest.
DAY 10: SANTA MARTA – MEDELLIN
- Breakfast at 8am
- Early in the morning we will take a short domestic flight to Medellin
- Check-in Hotel
- Dinner at night
DAY 11: MEDELLIN
STAGES: Medellin – Downtown
- In the afternoon, the city tour starts at 2:00 p.m.
- We will meet in the lobby 30 minutes before
- Afterward a tour guide will accompany you, and we have included a Turibus tour, in which you will see some of Medellin’s most representative places.
- It includes exotic fruit tasting and lunch or dinner depending on the time, you choose to do the tour.
- Here, we will tour around places of most touristic, architectonic, cultural, patrimonial, gastronomic, and historical and entertainment interest of the city, such as museums, parks, libraries, theme parks, universities, hills, shopping malls, squares, and avenues.
- Dinner at night
DAY 12: GUATAPE-SANTA ELENA (climb the top of the Peñol stone)
STAGES: Guatapé – Santa Elena
- American breakfast at 7:00 a.m. At the hotel.
- Leaving at 8:00 a.m. To Guatapé and spending the whole day there, going along its dams, the plazoleta de zócalos (tiles square) and its gorgeous colorful houses, tasting some of the region’s traditional desserts, taking a boat ride along the dam or climbing the giant 220 meter-high stone which takes more than 700 steps to climb, and take a look at the exuberant dam.
- Main Peñol Park, visit the old Peñol’s semi replica, visit Guatape’s crag (la Piedra).
- Take a tour around Guatape’s main park, take a walk around its traditional streets and appreciate its beautiful tiles and surroundings.
- If you are not about climbing 700+ steps, you can also enjoy a boat ride along the great lagoon formed by Guatape’s dam.
- At noon, we will enjoy a traditional antioqueño lunch.
- At the end of the day, around 4:00 pm we will go to the town of Santa Elena where we will stay in the EcoHotel
DAY 13: SANTA ELENA (Magic/Biodiversity/Natural)
STAGES: Santa Elena – Arvi Park
Enjoy the charm of this magnificent EcoHotel in the midst of a natural reserve 25 minutes away from Medellin, surrounded by mountains and green landscapes, overflowing with nature. That is Santa Elena, an ecological area, a natural reserve, paradise for locals and strangers, the town is 700 meters away from the park that holds the Silletero monument and 200 meters away from the main road, we will stay at the EcoHotel, an ideal place to get some rest.
Arvi is an eco-touristic park located between Piedras Blancas, Mazo, Piedra Gorda and Barro Blanco. It’s a foggy forest, home to mosses, flowers, birds, butterflies, frogs and many more Species that support the conservation of the forest and its waters, which go down to the Aburra valley, and san Nicolás.
- Breakfast at 7 a.m. At the EcoHotel, at 9am we leave towards Arvi Park where you will find a complete eco-touristic plan, which you can enjoy in the style of a Colombian farmer, it is the dreamed place for nature lovers.
- Santa Elena’s main park (farmer markets will be available on random days*)
- Santa Elena is church.
- Arvi park (farmer markets will be available on random days*)/ trekking (ancestral paths) / tour around a ‘silletera’ farm (live the Silletero experience) / bird watching* (during the tour we can see some species such as the trogon, Amazonian motmot, and emerald tucanet).
- Go along the ancestral paths, enjoy a traditional lunch on picnic areas, support the region by buying artisan’s products such as objects, food, wine, sweets and do not forget to visit the traditional silletera farm.
- Some ancestral paths:
- Orquideas, bromeliads & Anturios
- In the afternoon, around 4 pm, we will go to the municipality of Jardin, Antioquia. We will stay at the hotel (traditional farm).
- Dinner and free night.
DAY 14: JARDIN (ECO/ETNO Tourism)
Jardin belongs to the Aves Loro Orejiamarillo Natural reserve; it is also home to among others, the Andean cock-of-the-rock, Oilbirds, and Baudó Oropéndola or ‘Backpacker’, a yellow bird that builds nests that hang from the highest branches, the nests look like little pouches and the bird’s cry sounds like a drop falling into a well. Amazing!
- Light breakfast at 5 a.m. In the hotel.
- We will leave around 5:30 a.m. To take a walk around the hotel and do some bird watching.
- We will return to the hotel
- After a break, at 9am or so, we’ll go on a tour around the town that includes visiting the Inmaculada Concepcion basilica (majesty), Libertador park’s church (architecture), aerial cable (round trip included), Herrera path (you can buy traditional sweets from the region in la casa de los dulces).
- 1pm lunch at Truchera y Molienda (enjoy the panela process), 3pm visit an indigenous reserve, ancestral experience, souvenir
- Accommodation: hotel or similar typical coffee farm.
- Dinner and free night in Jardin.
DAY 15: JARDIN – MEDELLIN
- Land transfer by professional tourist bus, from the hotel in Jardin to Medellin.
End of the Program*