Route of the Dams, El Peñol, Antioquia
ROUTE OF THE RESERVOIRS | GUATAPÉ & EL PEÑOL
El Peñol is a municipality located in the east of the Antioquia department, and bounded on the east by the municipality of Guatapé. El Peñol is also known as “Water Land” and “Fenix Bird of Antioquia”. When “El Peñol” hydroelectric dam was built, the urban area of the municipality and part of the rural area were completely submerged in the waters. Subsequently, the urban area was rebuilt in its entirety, in a nearby town with an architecture totally different from the colonial one.
PRIVATE TOUR ACTIVITIES
• Our guide will meet you at 7.00am in the lobby of the hotel to initiate our tour in private tourist buses/aerovans/cars.
• Panoramic tour to El Peñol. Typical breakfast on the road.
• Boat trip through the Guatapé Dam (One hour and a half)
• Visit to the municipalities of Nuevo Peñol, Guatapé, and Marinilla.
• Visit to the old Peñol replica.
• Transfer back to the hotel in Medellín vía Rionegro and Llanogrande on a panoramic tour vía Las Palmas.