Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
This tour combines the rich history of Medellín with outdoor activities in the fascinating landscape of the mountains of the Eastern Andes. Visit the famous Hacienda Nápoles in the tropical lowlands of the Magdalena Medio. This place was the residence of the famous drug trafficker Pablo Escobar. Nowadays it is one of the biggest amusement parks in the country. You will spend the night and the second day at the Eco-Lodge in the “Rio Claro” nature reserve. Rio Claro has been voted the most beautiful river in Colombia. Its crystal-clear water and the riverbed of marble meander through the narrow canyon lush with tropical rain forest. Here you have the possibility to enjoy several outdoor activities like caving, hiking, zip-lining, rafting, rock climbing, and bird watching.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation next to the Peñol Boulder
- Meals (1x breakfast / 1x lunch)
- Entrance fee to “Piedra del Peñol”
- Boat ride on the lake
- Bike tour around the lake and the Peñol Boulder
- Equipment (Bike + helmet)
- Bilingual attendance
- Climb the Peñol Boulder and enjoy breathtaking views
- Explore the lake on a boat ride
- Enjoy the laid-back village lifestyle and a stroll along the charming waterfront of Guatapé
- Explore the lush green highlands of Eastern Antioquia by bicycle
- Get to know local farmers and learn more about
- their traditional lifestyle
* Can be subject to change
Day 1: The boulder of Guatapé
From Medellín we take you towards the Eastern Highlands to climb up the famous, 200-meter-high “Piedra del Peñol” through a staircase of 740 steps. From the mountaintop you can enjoy breathtaking views over the stunning surroundings full of green mountains and blue lakes. Then you visit the village of Guatapé, famous for its beautiful paintings that decorate the houses. Cross the lake on a boatride and then you will enjoy a delicious lunch on the waterfront before relaxing in a charming accommodation close to the lake.
Day 2: Bicycle Experience around the lake (B, L)
Explore the Eastern Highlands of Antioquia and enjoy a delicious typical Colombian lunch. Enjoy a 13 km bike ride (difficulty level 3) around the lake and the Peñol Boulder.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD