Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
This 2-day tour includes visiting the two most important villages in Medellín's coffee region. Both are listed as Cultural Heritage Villages. The charming village Jericó with its 16 chapels is considered to have one of the most beautiful town centres in Antioquia. Jericó is also famous for its handicrafts and the manufacturing of small leather goods. Furthermore, it is a catholic pilgrimage centre and religious capital of the region. The village of Jardín is located high up in the mountains. It is nestled in the green hills and surrounded by coffee and banana plantations. It is famous for its colorful houses with balconies.
Enjoy the typical Colombian village life and an idyllic atmosphere surrounded by lush green highlands
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Jericó)
- Meals (1x breakfast)
- Tour through the village of Jericó
- Entrance fee (historical museum)
- Tour in Jardín
- Visit the sweet factory “Dulces de Jardin”
- Bilingual attendance
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee village culture
- Discover the beauty of the mountain villages Jericó and Jardín
- Visit the traditional handicraft factories in the historic centre of Jericó
- Tours through the historic centres of Jericó and Jardín
- Enjoy a scenic ride through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views on the “Cerro Tusa” and “Cerro Bravo” peaks
- Visit the sweet shop “Dulces de Jardin”
Day 1: Exploring Jericó
A scenic ride through the lush green highlands of Medellin’s coffee growing region takes you to the idyllic village of Jericó. This tiny town with its 16 chapels is considered to have one of the most beautiful town centres in Antioquia. Take a tour around Jericó including the historic centre with its traditional facades and the local “carriel” workshops. These Colombian leather accessories are handmade in Jericó and the perfect gift for friends and family. Afterwards walk through the Botanical Garden up to the Cristo Rey monument to enjoy the magnificent view of the town and the surrounding mountains, valleys and rivers. Spend the night in a family-run hotel located close to the town square.
Day 2: Discovering Jardín
Today continue your journey to the next village, the second highlight of the region. Jardín is famous for its colorful houses with balconies and the area around the famous park has been declared a national monument. The guided village tour starts at the museum Clara Rojas, where the history of the region comes to life. After tasting the award-winning sweets of Doña Mariela you leave Jardín and arrive at Medellín in the evening.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD