Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
Southwest Antioquia – full of green valleys, mountains and rivers – represents one of the most beautiful regions of Colombia. Far from mass tourism, it is one of the major coffee growing regions in the country. Discover hidden waterfalls, mysterious cloud forests and get in touch with the pristine world of idyllic mountain villages where time seems to stand still. Visit Jardín - declared Cultural Heritage Village - which is considered the most beautiful village in Antioquia and the famous “Esplendor” cave surrounded by cloud forest.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Jardín)
- Meals (1x breakfast)
- Tour through the village of Jardín
- Hike to the waterfalls “Chorros de Tapartó”
- Shared expedition to “El Esplendor” Cave
- Visit of the nature reserve “La Cuchilla”
- Bilingual attendance
- Visit the nature reserves “Farallones de Citará” and “La Cuchilla”
- Swim in crystal clear rivers and waterfalls in Jardín and Tapartó
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee culture in the Cultural Heritage Village Jardín
- Discover the beauty of the mountain villages Jardín and Tapartó
- Eco-hike through the cloud forest of Antioquia's Southwest
- Enjoy a scenic ride through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views
- Enjoy the famous sweets at Doña Mariela's sweetshop
Day 1: From Medellín to the waterfalls in Tapartó and Jardín
Passing by lush green mountains we take you to the village of Tapartó in the coffee region of Southwest Antioquia. On a dirt road to the nature reserve “Farallones de Citará” you get to the waterfalls of Tapartó. On the way to Jardín you will see the brightly painted “Chivas” (the traditional public buses of the region) at the square in thesmall town of Andes. Jardín is surrounded by hills with coffee and banana plantations. You can see the nature reserve “La Cuchilla” with its cloud forests and diverse flora and fauna in the background making the scenery very impressive. Spend the night in a traditional hotel in the historic centre of Jardín.
Day 2: Excursion to the “El Esplendor” cave (B)
In the early morning you will go to the nature reserve “La Cuchilla” to the famous cave “El Esplendor”. Passing by the typical coffee farms of the region the cave can be reached by jeep, this place is exceptionally beautiful. You can swim in the natural pool that is surrounded by impressive tropical vegetation
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD