Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
The Southwest of Antioquia is one of Colombia's major coffee growing regions. Here you find the charming village of Jardín, nested into Andean hills with coffee and banana plantations, and the nature reserve “La Cuchilla” with its cloud forests and diverse flora and fauna sets the background for impressive scenery. Jardín is famous for its colorful houses and balconies and the area around the well-known park has been declared a Cultural Heritage Village.
Enjoy country life tradition and coffee culture in one of the most beautiful villages of the coffee region and experience a real coffee tour “from the plant to your cup!”
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Jardín)
- Meals (1x breakfast, 1 x lunch)
- Tour of the village of Jardín
- Coffee tour “from the plant to your cup!”
- Entrance fees (museum, cable car)
- Bilingual attendance
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
- Experience the Colombian coffee culture and a coffee tour “from the plant to your cup!”
- Discover the beauty of the mountain village Jardín
- Enjoy scenic rides through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views
- Experience the Colombian coffee culture and a coffee
- Guided tour around the historic centre of Jardín
- Enjoy the famous sweets at Doña Mariela's sweet shop
- See the unique colourful painted “Chivas” in Andes
Day 1: From Medellín to Jardín
A scenic ride through the lush green mountains takes you into the coffee growing region of Southwest Antioquia. On the way to Jardín and once there, you will see brightly painted “Chivas” (the traditional public buses of the region) in the square of the small Andean town. The village tour starts at the museum Clara Rojas, where the history of the region comes to life. After tasting the award-winning sweets of Doña Mariela a traditional cable car takes you to the other side of the valley and you enjoy a nice walk back to the village centre. Spend the night in an idyllic hotel in the historic centre of Jardín.
Day 2: Visit of a traditional coffee farm (B)
At the coffee farm “Los Angeles” you learn more about coffee. Here you can observe and will be explained the whole process from the cultivation of coffee plants to your cup of coffee. The farm is situated in an idyllic unique location and offers spectacular views over the endless green hills of the coffee zone of Antioquia. In the afternoon you return to Medellín and reach the hotel in the evening.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD