Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
Discover the beauty of the Southwest of Antioquia. This is the region that best represents the traditions of Antioquia thanks to the charm radiating from the coffee plantations, the tradition of the “arriero” (typical coffee carrier) and “carriel” (leather bags) confection as well as other handicrafts. The Southwest of Antioquia is a region with diverse landscapes, in which you will find green mountains, rivers, typical houses of the region and colourful flowers.
Jericó is one of the most beautiful villages of Antioquia, considered Cultural Heritage Village due to the beauty of its houses, and also an important religious destination, since it has about 16 chapels, a beautiful museum of religious art and the home of Saint Madre Laura.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Jericó)
- Meals (1x breakfast)
- Tour of the village Jericó
- Coffee tour in Jericó
- Entrance fee (historical museum)
- Bilingual attendance
*Subject to change
- Enjoy a scenic ride through stunning landscapes with
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee culture
- Visit the traditional handicraft factories in the
- Discover one the most beautiful villages of the Colombian´s coffee region historic centre of Jericó breathtaking views over the “Cerro Tusa” and “Cerro Bravo” peaks
- Tour around the historic centre of Jericó
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
Day 1: Exploring Jericó – Cultural Heritage Village
The destination of today is the idyllic village of Jericó with the 16 most beautiful chapels of Antioquia in its town centre. In the afternoon, take a guided tour through Jericó. It includes the historic centre with its traditional facades and the local “carriel” workshops. These special leather accessories are handmade in Jericó and this is the best place to get a special Colombian gift for family and friends. Try the famous “Luisa” pastries and unique cardamom sweets of the region.
Afterwards we walk through the Botanical Garden up to the Cristo Rey monument. From there you have a magnificent view of the town and the surrounding mountains, valleys and rivers. Spend the night at the idyllic a family-run hotel located close to the town square.
Day 2: Nature Reserve Las Nubes (B)
After breakfast takethe cable car up to the nature reserve “Las Nubes”. The Andean cloud forest there is home to countless birds and plant species. Enjoy the amazing views of Colombia’s coffee landscapes before returning to Medellín
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD