Duration: 8 hours
Medellín - the “City of Eternal Spring” – located in the Andean highlands of Antioquia, is nowadays the most innovative city of Latin America. Its recent past was strongly related to the life of Pablo Escobar and violent gang fights. During the last twenty years, Medellín went through some drastic changes. An innovative program of urban development that combines modern means of public transport and the construction of public parks and areas of recreation for the local people turned Medellín from the most dangerous city in the world into a modern example of urban transformation. Explore the Andean capital of Colombia on a full-day tour. Get an insight into the history of the city by visiting the “Pueblito Paisa” and enjoy perfect views of the city. Explore the famous Botero Plaza downtown with an exhibition of the Colombian artist Fernando Botero, whose sculptures have become a landmark of the city. Take the Metro Cable up to Santo Domingo, which was once a notorious area of gang violence in Medellín. The cable car was constructed to make the inner city more accessible to people from the outskirts and allows visitors a glimpse into the lives of the marginalized population. At the Comuna 13 district with its unique escalators, you observe another innovative project that improved the quality of life of the people of Medellín.
- Enjoy a cable car ride to Medellín with breathtaking views
- Visit the most known touristic spots – Plaza Botero, Parque Berrio, Santo Domingo
- Tour of the historic centre and visit the famous the Botero statues
- Learn more about the transformation at the open-air Escalators of Comuna 13.
- * Can be subject to change
- Bilingual attendance
- Private transport & pick up service at your hotel
- Public transport (Metro & Funicular)
- Tour of the historic centre of Medellin and the Botero Square
- Entrance Fee Cable Car in Santo Domingo
- Traditional lunch*
- Water & snack
*Dish of the day + lemonade
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.