Duration: 4 hours
The densely populated neighbourhood of Moravia was once Medellín's municipal rubbish dump with an open-air mountain of trash surrounded by a large shanty town, whose residents used to live in almost absolute poverty. Due to Colombia’s armed conflict and the number of displaced refugees more and more people arrived in Moravia, located right next to the city centre. Moravia nowadays is considered to be the most populated “barrio” of Medellín. The neighbourhood is known for its strong community spirit and the positive attitude of its people. Plenty of local community-run projects have transformed Moravia into a model urban centre, with the mound of trash turned into a garden-covered hillside and represents one of the landmarks of social and urban transformation of Medellín.
Explore the area guided by community leaders and get insights on this unique story of social and urban transformation. Directly support the local community projects.
- Visit the most populated neighbourhood of Medellín
- Get to know the social transformation of Medellín made by the communities themselves
- Explore streets of Moravia and experience the unique history of the community firsthand
- Walk over the former garbage hill transformed into a beautiful garden
- Support local community projects
* Can be subject to change
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual attendance
- Pick up service at your hotel & private transport *
- Tour of the Moravia neighbourhood
- Water & snack
* Only if booking with private transport (TP
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.