Duration: 9 hours from Pasto
In this full-day tour, we will visit a sector of the Galeras Fauna and Flora Sanctuary, where the volcano with the same name is located, and which is one of the most active volcanoes on the continent. We will leave Pasto at 6:00 am in a private car and drive for
approximately one hour until reaching Yacuanquer, the entry point to the Park.
Once there, we will begin the walk of approximately 19 km, round trip, which will take around 7 hours and in which we ascend from 2,680 m.a.s.l. to 3,640 m.a.s.l. where the beautiful Telpis Lagoon is located. The tour takes us through the high Andean forest until we ascend to the Paramo region through the Valley of the Frailejones, contemplating a spectacular and almost pristine landscape, since the influx of visitors to this sector is still incipient. Upon descending we will have lunch and transfer back to our hotel in Pasto.
- Local bilingual guide
- Hicking guide
- Entrance fees to the Galeras Fauna and Flora Sanctuary
- Private transportation from Pasto
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan
- Average temperature: 8°C.
- Wear comfortable warm clothing and walking shoes, hiking boots, wear gloves a hat or cap, Poncho or raincoat, and, sunscreen as well as to take along highly energetic snacks such as candy, granola bars, chocolate, bocadillos (guava paste), and water.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 6:00 am
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.