Duration: 4-5 hours.
Pure nature! A great green landscape with amazing landscapes in which we will hardly find a paved road except a little at the beginning and also at the end. We will often have to climb steep ascents, but the good news is that there is always a thrilling descent afterwards. After the ascent from the town towards the Magdalena Strait, we will take the unpaved road to go to the Galán village. On the way we will pass by exceptional vegetation, numerous coffee and sugar cane plantations, fruit trees and vegetable plantations. This route always offers incredible landscapes, so from time to time it will be worth getting off our bikes to enjoy the view over the Magdalena River gorge and over the farms that can be seen in the distance in the middle of fields or on steep slopes. We will also pass near two sugar mills and if we are lucky to find one working, we will take the opportunity to learn more about this sweet Colombian wonder.
This route of approximately 19 km with 540 m. difference in altitude, is ideal for those who want to see the landscapes of the surroundings of San Agustín and also do something different from visiting the more classic attractions of the town.
- Local guide
- Mountain bike
- Entrance fees
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- The bilingual guide is not available for this activity.
- Average temperature: 18°C
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes for cycling. It is better if the participants wear cycling tights, wear sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 9:00 am or in the afternoon at 2:00 pm.