Duration: 3-4 hours.
In this tour of approximately 3 hours, we will walk through the historic center of Popayán, one of the best-preserved from the colonial era in South America and characterized by its unique architecture is known as the “White City of Colombia". Despite being a small city (less than 300,000 inhabitants), thanks to its tradition and history and its growing university population, in Popayán we can enjoy a dynamic and happy atmosphere, as well as quite interesting activities. The Holy Week processions, as well as the Gastronomic Congress, for example, have earned the city recognition from UNESCO as Intangible Heritage of Humanity and Creative City of Gastronomy, respectively.
The tour begins and ends at the hotel in the historic center and is done on foot. If transportation service is required, this must be informed in advance.
- Local bilingual guide
- Entrance fees to the Mosquera -house -museum and the Religious Art Museum
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- Average temperature: 18°C
- Wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes, wear a hat or cap and, sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 9:00 am, or in the afternoon starting not later than 4:00 pm