Duration: 3 days/ 2 night
This tour takes you to the green balcony of Medellín's coffee region located above the Cauca River valley. Enjoy the scenic landscape and be mesmerized by impressive views over the Cauca Valley in the colonial mountain village Támesis, surrounded by coffee and banana plantations. Hike on pre-Hispanic stone paths into the protected area of “San Antonio” with its caves, falls and cloud forests full of orchids, bromeliads and other exotic plants as well as countless colourful tropical birds. Discover pre-Hispanic petroglyphs and other archaeological troves. Visit traditional coffee plantations and enjoy the unbelievable hospitality of people in Southwest Antioquia.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation: 2x in Támesis
- Meals (2x breakfast / 2x lunch)
- Entrance fee to the Historic Museum in Támesis
- Tour to pre-Hispanic petroglyphs in Támesis
- Hike in the “San Antonio” nature reserve
- Visit of an organic coffee farm + Coffee Tour „from the plant to the cup! “
- Experience breathtaking views over beautiful Colombian landscapes.
- Enjoy the Paisa culture of Southwest Antioquia's villages
- Hike through Andean cloud forests in the “San Antonio” nature reserve
- Hike on pre-Colombian paths and discover indigenous petroglyphs
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
- Enjoy the unbelievable hospitality of the rural
- Be accommodated at a charming hotel in Támesis
Day 1: Colombian coffee farm experience (L)
Experience the traditional coffee culture on a typical Colombian farm. On less than three hectares a local farmer and his family produce their own coffee brand and give us the unique opportunity to observe the whole coffee processing from the plant to the cup. Before lunch you stroll through the coffee fields learning more about growing and collecting the coffee beans. After a traditional countryside lunch, you get an insight about the best way to prepare the coffee. Through amazing landscapes, you go down to the valley of the Cauca River to the idyllic mountain village of Támesis, where you spend the night.
Day 2 : Hike in the Cloud Forest of the “San Antonio” Nature Reserve (B, L)
On this day you go hiking through the mysterious cloud forests of the “San Antonio” nature reserve which is located in the mountains above Támesis. A pre-Hispanic stone path will take you higher and higher into the impressive mountain rain forest. A guide will show you waterfalls hidden within the rocks, underground rivers, caves, and the most spectacular viewpoints. In the late afternoon return to the village of Támesis.
Day 3: Pre-Hispanic Petroglyph Tour (B)
In the morning a guide leads you through a tour of the surroundings of Támesis to visit the archaeological sites in the region. Támesis is known as one of the places with the greatest density of indigenous pre-Hispanic petroglyphs in Colombia. Observe different types of petroglyphs and learn some of their significances. Later on, you return to Medellín.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 15 USD
Trilingual guide: 23 USD