HACIENDA NÁPOLES & NATURE RESERVE “RIO CLARO”
Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
This tour combines the rich history of Medellín with outdoor activities in the fascinating landscape of the mountains of the Eastern Andes. Visit the famous Hacienda Nápoles in the tropical lowlands of the Magdalena Medio. This place was the residence of the famous drug trafficker Pablo Escobar. Nowadays it is one of the biggest amusement parks in the country. You will spend the night and the second day at the Eco-Lodge in the “Rio Claro” nature reserve. Rio Claro has been voted the most beautiful river in Colombia. Its crystal-clear water and the riverbed of marble meander through the narrow canyon lush with tropical rain forest. Here you have the possibility to enjoy several outdoor activities like caving, hiking, zip-lining, rafting, rock climbing, and bird watching.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual attendance
- Meals (1x breakfast / 1x lunch / 1x dinner)
- Caving in Rio Claro
- Zip-lining in Rio Claro
- Entrance fees to Hacienda Nápoles and the natureComfortable accommodation at the Rio Claro Eco- Hotel El Refugio reserve Rio Claro
- Explore the caves of the Rio Claro canyon
- Enjoy zip-lining or other outdoor activities in the
- Discover the tropical jungle and the crystal-clear
- Visit the famous Hacienda Nápoles – Pablo Escobar’s former residence
- Explore what remains of his former house and visit the Escobar museum
- Experience the most popular amusement park inStay in comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical Colombia waters of the Rio Claro rain forest surrounding rain forest
Day 1: Pablo Escobar’s Hacienda Nápoles (D)
Early in the morning you leave Medellín and ride through the lush green valleys of Antioquia’s Eastern highlands. Before midday you will delve into the bizarre world of the Hacienda Nápoles. Besides the fun at the theme park, you have the opportunity to learn about Pablo Escobar’s life and see his former house. In the evening you reach the private nature reserve “Rio Claro” and enjoy the pristine waters and natural pools. Spend the night at the Eco-Lodge El Refugio surrounded by tropical forest and the Rio Claro River.
Day 2: Nature Reserve “Rio Claro” (B, L)
Today you explore the natural caves of the “Rio Claro” Nature Reserve. Hike through the underworld of the Eastern Andes with an experienced guide. Indulge in the nature of the beautiful canyons surrounding Rio Claro. Afterwards you have plenty of time to relax on the stunning beaches of the Claro River. In the afternoon you can enjoy zip-lining across the river. Return to Medellin in the evening.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD
Price per adult from