SOUTHWEST-HIKE TO THE CUMBAL VOLCANO
Duration: 9 hours from Pasto In this full-day hike, we will ascend to the Cumbal Volcano, one of the highest in the country at 4,764 m.a.s.l., located very close to the border of Colombia with Ecuador. It is important to note that a good physical condition is required to perform this ascent. We will leave Pasto at 4:00 am, to travel for approximately three hours through the spectacular landscape of the department of Nariño, passing through the small town of Túquerres, near the Azufral volcano and from where we begin to see both the Cumbal and the Chiles volcanoes, belonging to a volcanic chain that spans the Ecuadorian and Colombian Andes. Once in the vicinity of Cumbal, we will begin the walk of approximately 15 km (round trip) that will take around 5-6 hours ascending from 3,500 m.a.s.l. During the tour we will find extensive areas of frailejones, emblematic plant of the páramo ecosystem and later the sulfur mines until we ascend to the summit where we can enjoy a spectacular view of other nearby peaks and volcanoes, and even the Pacific Coast.
- Local bilingual guide
- Mountain guide
- Entrance fees
- Private transportation from Pasto
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan
- Average temperature: 6°C.
- Wear comfortable warm clothing and walking shoes, hiking boots, wear gloves a hat or cap, Poncho or raincoat, and, sunscreen as well as to take along highly energetic snacks such as candy, granola bars, chocolate, bocadillos (guava paste), and water.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 4:00 am
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Price per adult from
Shedule: 1 day(s)
Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Location: Nariño, Colombia