Duration: 2 days/ 1 night
Experience this perfect combination of chocolate and coffee culture in Medellín's Southwest – the hidden coffee region of Colombia. Surrounded by beautiful landscapes you get an insight into the coffee growing process “from the plant to your cup!” While coffee is considered to be the most typical Colombian product it is in fact relatively new in Latin America. Cacao is an even more traditional agricultural product of Colombia. Experience a chocolate workshop on an organic family run cacao farm in the green lush highlands. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of the lush green highlands full of exotic fruits and cacao trees. Learn more about chocolate production and make your own chocolate.
- Private transportation including pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Támesis)
- Meals (1x breakfast / 1x lunch)
- Chocolate Workshop “make your own chocolate!”
- Coffee Workshop „from the plant to the cup! “
- Bilingual attendance
- Visit a traditional cacao farm and learn more about
- Enjoy the Paisa culture of Antioquia's coffee region
- Experience breathtaking viewpoints
- Spent a day on a traditional coffee farm and experience the whole coffee making process cultivation and the processing of cacao
- Enjoy the unbelievable hospitality of rural Colombia
- Be accommodated at a charming hotel in Támesis
Day 1: Coffee Workshop (L)
This morning you visit a traditional coffee farm where you get an insight on this most famous Colombian product. Learn more about the process of coffee production, from the cultivation of coffee plants, the harvesting and processing – from the coffee bush to the cup. After that enjoy a road trip through amazing landscapes to the valley of the Cauca River to the mountain village of Támesis, where you spend the night.
Day 2: Chocolate Workshop (B)
In the morning you visit an organic cacao plantation and learn more about the process of chocolate production, the harvesting and processing – from the tree to the cup. The family run cacao farm produces organic chocolate and the owners do a lot to keep the traditional sustainable way of cacao farming alive. In this workshop you also make your own chocolate.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD