Duration: 3 days/ 2 nights
This tour is the perfect combination of Andean nature experiences and comfortable coffee finca accommodation in the middle of a pristine Andean mountain landscape. The Tapartó River Valley famous for its huge coffee plantations is one of the secret spots of the coffee growing region of Southwest Antioquia. The family-run finca hotel Los Arrayanes was one of the first coffee farms involved in tourism in the region. Enjoy the mighty Tapartó waterfalls located in the “Farallones de Citará” nature reserve. Explore the idyllic coffee village of Jardín - famous for its colorful houses and balconies and the area around the well-known park has been declared a Cultural Heritage Village. Discover the “El Esplendor” Cave on an Eco-Hike and of course do a coffee tour “…from the plant to the cup!” Three unforgettable days full of Colombian coffee culture memories.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation: 2 x in Tapartó
- Meals (2x breakfast / 2x lunch / 2x dinner)
- Visit of the nature reserve “Farallones de Citará”
- Hike to the Tapartó Waterfalls
- Coffee Tour in Tapartó
- Visit of the nature reserve “La Cuchilla”
- Visit of the “El Esplendor” Cave
- Tour in historic centre of Jardín
- Entrance fees (cable car, museum)
- Bilingual attendance
- Hike to the Tapartó Waterfalls located in the nature reserve “Farallones de Citará”
- Explore the idyllic coffee village of Jardín – Antioquia’s green heart
- Discover the famous “El Esplendor” Cave
- Coffee tour “from the plant to the cup!”
- Stay at a comfortable coffee hacienda hotel surrounded by coffee plantations
Day 1: From Medellín to the waterfalls in Tapartó (L, D)
Entering the coffee growing region of Medellín the first stop is a unique viewpoint of the “Cerro Tusa” peak considered the highest natural pyramid of the world. Passing by lush green mountains we take you to the valley of Tapartó. Here we find the colourful finca hotel Los Arrayanes located beside the Tapartó River and surrounded by coffee plantations. After lunch we take a dirt road to the nature reserve “Farallones de Citará” to the waterfalls of Tapartó. At the end of this tiny valley at the bottom of the impressive mountain range of the “Farallones de Citará”. The Tapartó River made its way to the valley forming stunning falls embedded in Andean tropical nature. Enjoy the cold refreshing waters and the natural pools. Spend the night at the charming coffee finca hotel.
Day 2: Excursion to the “El Esplendor” cave & idyllic Jardín (B, D)
In the early morning you will go to the nature reserve “La Cuchilla” to the famous cave “El Esplendor”. Passing by the typical coffee farms of the region the cave can be reached by jeep, this place is exceptionally beautiful. You can swim in the natural pool that is surrounded by impressive tropical vegetation. Return to Jardín in the afternoon and spend the evening in the village square of one of the most typical and idyllic towns of Colombia’s Coffee Region.
Day 3: Colombian coffee farm experience (B, L)
This day starts with a coffee tour. Stroll through the coffee fields learning more about growing and collecting the coffee beans. Later on, get an insight into the roasting process and furthermore about the best way to prepare the coffee. After lunch at the finca hotel hit the road towards Medellín.
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD" and, accommodation is a mid-range hotels. The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Bilingual guide: 10 USD
Trilingual guide: 15 USD