Duration: 8 hours
This full-day activity combines a visit to a traditional flower farm in Santa Elena and a Medellín city-tour including a stunning cable-car ride into town. Flowers are the symbol of Medellín and the annual Flower Festival in August is the cultural highlight of the year. Travel to the flower village of Santa Elena located in the highlands above Medellín. Growing flowers has a long tradition in the region and visiting a flower farm to get to know the so-called “Silletero” culture is a unique experience. Afterward, drive to the Nature Reserve “Parque Arví” and take the cable car to Medellín’s Santo Domingo neighborhood and start your city tour. The cable car was constructed to make the inner city more accessible to people from the outskirts and allows visitors a glimpse into the lives of the marginalized population. Go on with the cable car to the city centre and downtown Medellín. Listen to local musicians and the traditional “Guasca” music while visiting Parque Berrío. Stroll through the hustle and bustle of downtown Medellín to the famous Botero Plaza with an exhibition of the Colombian artist Fernando Botero, whose sculptures have become a landmark of the city.
- Get to know a traditional flower farm and the unique “Silletero” culture of Medellín
- Enjoy a cable car ride to Medellín with breathtaking views
- Visit the most known touristic spots – Plaza Botero, Parque Berrio, Santo Domingo
- Tour of the historic centre and visit the famous Botero statues
- * Can be subject to change
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual attendance
- Private transport & pick up service at your hotel
- Public transport (Metro & Funicular): The Arvi cable car is closed on Mondays and on Tuesdays if Monday is a bank holiday.
- Visit of a traditional flower farm & introduction to the Silletero Culture
- Tour of the historic centre of Medellín and Santo Domingo
- Traditional lunch *
- Water & snack
- * Dish of the day + lemonade
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.