MEDELLÍN - PABLO ESCOBAR - A HISTORICAL PERSPECTIVE
Duration: 4 hours
Pablo Escobar Gaviria is sadly the most famous son of the city of Medellin. Nevertheless, the history of Escobar and the “Cartel of Medellín” is a unique example of how organized crime organisations impact a whole country. During the 1980s Escobar controlled huge parts of the international cocaine traffic. Due to impressive financial revenue he was able to create a powerful network of corruption and social control over the population of Medellín. In the early
1990s, when the hunt for Pablo Escobar took place, the head of Medellín's drug cartel was at its peak, but it came to its end with his death in 1993.
Get some insight on the historical dimension of the phenomenon of Pablo Escobar visiting some of the most emblematic sights of Pablo Escobar’s life. Understand better why Pablo Escobar is still the most controversial person in Colombia´s recent history.
- Get to know the history of Pablo Escobar and his impact on Medellín
- Visit several emblematic spots of Pablo Escobar’s life
- Learn how the people of Medellin think about Escobar
- * Can be subject to change
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual attendance
- Private transport & pick up service at your hotel
- Water & snack
• Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
Price in dollars "USD". The price may vary depending on the number of people.
Price per adult from