Duration: 3-4 hours.
Today we´ll get to know the famous San Agustín Archaeological Park located just 10 minutes by car from town where we can admire the legacy of a millenary civilization represented by iconic statues, as well as several tombs and monuments. We will visit the small Archaeological Museum, the Mesitas A, B, C and D, the Forest of the Statues, the spectacular Lavapatas Fountain and the Alto del Lavapatas.
The complete route is approximately 3 km long with some ascents of up to 70 m, although it can be adjusted to the interests and available time of visitors.
- Local bilingual guide
- Transportation from/ to the hotel in San Agustín.
- Entrance fee to the park
- Travel or accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- Average temperature: 18°C
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes, wear a hat or cap, and wear sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: Any time during the park´s opening hours from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The park is generally closed on Tuesdays, but there may be exceptional, non-announced, closing days.