Duration: 3 hours.
We are invited to visit a sugar mill in production, where we can taste freshly made panela and learn a little more about the production of this product, which is nothing more than the extracted sugar cane juice, solidified and commonly sold in blocks to be used in many preparations. Panela is one of the most beloved and iconic products of our society and is present in the kitchens of all Colombian homes.
In this tour of approximately 3 hours, we will visit a typical peasant sugar mill near San Agustín to observe the panela production process guided by the local farmers who live from it. This is a good opportunity to try and learn more about one of the products that
represents the soul of Colombia, but that may not be as famous as coffee or flowers.
- Local bilingual guide
- Transportation from/to the hotel in San Agustin
- Entrance fees.
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- Average temperature: 18°C
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, wear a hat or cap, sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 9:00 am or in the afternoon at 2:00 pm.