Duration: 6-7 hours.
Walk around San Agustín on a hiking circuit of approximately 17 kilometers, visiting the archaeological sites of La Pelota, El Purutal, El Tablón and La Chaquira. The path is very entertaining: we will cross dirt passes, a trail, grass and even a stream… it is quite a challenge for those who enjoy steep and challenging roads! Although there are no long ascents, there are short sections that are quite steep where we can put our endurance to test.
We will pass by coffee plantations, sugar mills and fields of fruit trees, and upon arriving at the archaeological sites of La Pelota and El Purutal, we will be able to enjoy a delicious freshly pressed orange juice or energizing Colombian coffee. If we are lucky to find it working, we will visit an authentic sugar mill where we can learn more about this sweet Colombian wonder. Then we will arrive at La Chaquira, an archaeological site that has a spectacular view over the Magdalena river canyon. If we haven't had enough after all of this, we can also visit the archaeological site of El Tablón, on our way back to San Agustín. If we want to break off the tour at any point, we can go to the nearest road pass, where a car will pick us up and take us back to the hotel.
- Local bilingual guide
- Transportation to the hotel (if it is necessary)
- Entrance fees
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- Average temperature: 18°C
- Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes, (It is best if the participants wear hiking boots and bring hiking poles), a raincoat or "poncho" and wear sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: In the morning at 9:00 am.