Duration: 7 hours from Villavieja.
In this full-day excursion, we will leave Villavieja in direction of the town of Aipe, crossing the Magdalena River in a motorized canoe. From there, we will travel by car for about 1 hour to the Bambuca forest reserve, visiting the petroglyphs of El Callejón and walking along the riverbed of the Bambuca stream that descends from the mountains of the Central Mountain Range of the Colombian Andes and where we can take a refreshing bath immersed in the middle of this tropical dry forest. Under a large wild cashew tree we will share a typical box lunch, the “fiambre” (cold meat), typically wrapped into bijao leaves, together with our local guide who will tell us stories about the aborigines that used to inhabit the region.
- Local bilingual guide
- Terrestrial transportation and canoe ride
- Entrance fee.
- Entrance fees
- Travel or accident insurance
- Personal expenses
- Activities or expenses not specified in the plan.
- Average temperature: 30°C
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, wear a hat or cap, bathing suit and wear sunscreen.
- Suggested schedule: The activity begins at 9:00 am.